Poison & Drug Information Service (PADIS)

Free | Confidential | 24/7 | Expertise & Advice | Poisons | Chemicals | Medications | Herbals

If this is a medical emergency call 911 or head to the nearest emergency department.

Our Services - Alberta & NWT

Medication & Herbal Advice

If you are looking for medication or herbal advice, speak to your pharmacist, physician, or you can refer to MyHealth.Alberta.ca for information.

Or if you have any health concerns, call Health Link by dialing 811 to talk to a registered nurse.

Related Services


If you live in Saskatchewan and need help, contact:

Animal Poisonings

We are unable to provide information about animal poisonings. For help with animal poisonings contact:


Health Information

If you have questions or need information on specific poisons, drugs or cannabis, visit MyHealth.Alberta.ca

Resources for Health Professionals